Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

in fact its not fair

Go down

in fact its not fair  Empty Re: in fact its not fair

Post  jeff Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:13 pm

i like turtles.

jeff

Back to top Go down

in fact its not fair  Empty big news

Post  Bigndn Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:38 pm

lol occupy movement may get stronger expect to see major support you wouldnt expect...the original brothers and sisters of this nation are coming together i for one am excited

Bigndn

Back to top Go down

in fact its not fair  Empty re:

Post  Bigndn Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 pm

its not rambling i was and you said it better... You want the next generation to do better and to make change, then teach education and determination...to work within the system to change the system not to segregate themselves from the majority. Not to occupy a public place out of some misplaced sense of duty or pride... this is true... i just dont know where the entire movement gets off on talking about fairness and equality of all people when indigenous people of north america are treated less then equal not just in the past but still today with the Indian Act. so they speak of equality and fairness as if they have been denied it for years... i bet half these "equality activists" dont even know that the last residential school was closed in 1996,(if they even know what a residential school was) i was 5, i know too well of the publics view of equality... so let me ask everyone reading this, if your goal is achieved what of the indigenous people of north america who have been fighting for equality as long as our memories span? will you be our new opponent?

Bigndn

Back to top Go down

in fact its not fair  Empty i agree totally

Post  Concernd Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I know first hand that the information or lack there of, has been a dominating factor in this "campaign". This group of people who are occupying the park have beliefs and I agree with some of them but most the money issues are a necessary evil, like it or not. The few will have lots and the many will have less, that's the way of the world and no amount of people sleeping in a public park will change that.
They allow children who are supposed to be in school in their "camp" during school hours. How does this help? Lack of education is one of the causes of most of their issues. Violence, homophobia, poverty...etc. They have beliefs and a message but they don't voice it very well. They allow youths who don't understand fully but agree on a general level and love the "non conformity and ability to say no to "the man". I know of at least three youths that stay in the park on a regular basis out of a sense of misplaced accomplishment and standing up to the police as if it accomplishes anything either.
You want the next generation to do better and to make change, then teach education and determination...to work within the system to change the system not to segregate themselves from the majority. Not to occupy a public place out of some misplaced sense of duty or pride.
I'm just rambling, I should have put more thought into this but I will post again and with a more concise and clear point of view. The point I wanted to make was that corrupting youth with displays of public disobedience with no real "goal" and not emphasizing the importance of schooling will not change anything. Just make it worse.

Concernd

Back to top Go down

in fact its not fair  Empty in fact its not fair

Post  Bigndn Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:36 pm

know whats funny this occupy movement in london i mean a small village downtown wth cops do your jobs, and the mayors scared i mean i can understand that, cause if he actually did his job he would be the first leader in canada to move against it wonder where that would end him but i mean come on. on 420 this year we couldnt even go down the park to spark a joint with old friends for a hour or two we got arrested just being in groups they had no evidence other then we were there at the time so they search us even though thats been part of a more quiet tradition of london for years ... now i can go live in vic park if i wanted its hilarious really, what do you really expect? the one percent of rich people to give up all their money to the rest of us 99% get real (maybe thats where the saying "you have to have money to make money" comes from)... i wonder what would happen to a native group if we tried to occupy londons vic park for a cause we believe in, oh wait i think we all know what would happen, cops start filling quotas, paddy wagons on stand by... except the difference between the two groups would be that native people would have a goal or two to achieve as well as a sense of direction... the occupy movement has no real goals you want to achieve nor do you know the first step to reaching these "goals" you are fishing without bait, toss the line and pray you get a bite, youre going to be fishing a long time and its gotta be one dumb fish you expect to reel in. i understand what the movement is about, people are finally fed up with the major corporations and lobbyists playing a part in politics all over the world as well as the issue of economic distribution within the countries ppl are concerned because the one percent of rich people keep getting rich well the remainder of the population is either barely getting by or in poverty... but i still dont think its a joint protest.... if ppl in nyc get what they want i doubt theyll give a shit about the other occupy movements happening all over the world, but thats common, ppl wanting to help themselves after that they really cant be bothered. but you dont realize your movement could be so much stronger then it is so much stronger then the direction its heading... its not fair that one group of people would be forcibly removed while the other is allowed to stay, thats why there are by-laws and laws for this, to make it somewhat fair but your movement is making things unfair for the rest of us...ppl like me are searched for looking suspicious treated unfairly for not breaking laws while the movement is clearly breaking at least one by law but of course nothing done right.... it wouldnt be fair to you guys and we cant have that can we so what is it about you guys makes you special? is it the numbers? 99% is a big number, but what about the few of us within the 99% that think this isnt fair... to every citizen. to be honest i think EVERYONE occupying Vic park should be charged if not fined for every night youve remained there... and dont get me wrong im not against it lmfao i just see everywhere you could either improve or completely not be at any fault. ive actually been thinking about going down and setting up my own merchandise tent take advantage of the situation and supporrt it too lol at least i know id have the extra cash to pay the fine i should get

Bigndn

Back to top Go down

in fact its not fair  Empty Re: in fact its not fair

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum