Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's start talking....

5 posters

Go down

Let's start talking.... Empty Re: Let's start talking....

Post  jeffypoo Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:17 pm

unrelated:
i have one of those dry painful boogers that you just want to pick but it hurts too much;
anyone have any remedies?

jeffypoo

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking.... Empty Occupy

Post  CatMan Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:38 am

Hello,

I'm a supporter of you. I was through Vic Park a few times and attended a GA. My work and family obligations make it difficult for me to be there more often.

It may be presumptuous for me to offer my advice since I'm not a full time Occupier, but I'd like to throw in my two cents for you as I heard you are meeting today to plan your next steps.

Please remember that this is a long term struggle. It isn't about having your tents permanently in a physical space. It is about pointing out inequality and Occupying people's minds. It is about challenging the government to do better. It is about encouraging people to be angry at large corporations and to take action and to demand action from their government.

There are countless ways you can do this under the 'occupy' brand. May I suggest Guerilla Occupations? Stay somewhere for one night only, then move on. It may be difficult for the city to combat this. During legal hours, Occupy prominent public space (Christmas shopping season will present many opportunities for this). Be creative, target sites and issues that have meaning to London. Create the Occupy London that our city deserves, don't copy action for action what they do in other places. This is a leaderless, autonomous movement and your actions are just as important as those of the people in Zuccotti.

Good luck to all of you. You may have lost a battle on Tuesday night, but you are fighting a long war to make the world better. People support you in this.

CatMan

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking.... Empty Looking for interviews

Post  Jordan Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Hi All!

My name is Jordan and I am a first-year student at UWO Law.

I am very interested in the 'Occupy' movement and have been asked to write an article for one of the newspapers printed at the law school. I am not for or against the movement, I just want a chance to hear what you Londoners (organizers, leaders, opinionated, oppressed, unemployed, underemployed, etc...) have to say, and more so, what you want us to know about the movement.

I really hope I receive some responses on this thread. This newspaper is going to be read by the future lawyers and legal experts of our great country. If you want to convince anyone that we need change, then maybe talking to the legal community in London is a good way to start.

Jordan

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking.... Empty Compromise?

Post  Martinn Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey Everyone

It would be good to get a consensus from the group about whether their would be a point of negotiation with City Hall they'd be willing to consider: For example, would the group be willing to move if City Hall agrees to allow for daily congregations in the park by members, and grants the public 3 open town hall meetings over the next three months similar to the one we had yesterday, where people can come voice their problems to the government?

Our government and police have been communicative and responsive to the Occupiers, which is a lot more than other cities have done. So, in order to recognize that fact, it would be worth considering a compromise. This would still set a global example of how Occupiers and government can work together. It's also a good time to propose this, since there's enough support from City Hall to get some sort of compromise on their behalf.

Martinn

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking.... Empty winter!

Post  kyle Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:31 pm

when are we going to start preparing for winter! and finding ways of insulating the tents?!

kyle

Back to top Go down

Post  n_wilson Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:39 pm

Nothin but peace and love for everyone and there ideas, everyone has got a voice lets use them

n_wilson

Back to top Go down

Post  CivilizedAnimal Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:17 pm

thanks lee for putting this together, and thanks to everyone for participating -Adair

CivilizedAnimal

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeK Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:22 pm

We will welcome you with hugs and smiles Smile
JoeK
JoeK

Back to top Go down

Post  nsoppet Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:10 pm

Just might come by and join you guys

nsoppet

Back to top Go down

Post  Horty519 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 am

I think I may go to the General Assembly. I do find online communication easier though. The idea of getting involved in poverty work is interesting. Before this happened, I've been focused on workplace reforms (pay, fair treatment). Any idea on numbers for this weekend?

Horty519

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeK Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:21 am

The first General Assembly is this Saturday at 1pm in Campbell Park (Dundas at Colbourne)

Here is the Facebook link... facebook.com/event.php?eid=135864963180889

JoeK
JoeK

Back to top Go down

Post  Couch Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:39 am

I had every intention of going to the Toronto protest, completely unaware there was a London one. When I could even fill my car to save on gas I had to pass because like many other people, I'm on the verge of losing my job and am already taking a pay cut. I didn't hear about London actually getting involved until the next day and that is awesome. I'd like to start participating when I can, but I was not able to make the general assembly last night but I hear there is another demonstration this weekend. I'd Love to help! Also I heard talk (via AM980) of getting involved in homelessness and poverty some how, that is another fantastic idea. I always though this protest would do better if the people actually helped the community as well, bringing more positive attention.

Couch

Back to top Go down

Let's start talking.... Empty Let's start talking....

Post  Horty519 Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:13 am

Hi,
I haven't been to any of the protests yet so I'm very curious. I see the need for more equality and a cry for social justice. Am I right?
Horty

Horty519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum